Question loose part on motherboard, is this part important

Feb 6, 2021
Hi!When building my first PC I noticed a part which was a bit loose. It's the greybox
Below the PCB text. (See picture)

I'm unable to connect my monitor to the PC. All the fans are working, I use the gpu port. Tested the monitor with my laptop. So is this part important? Maybe it's the reason why I'm unable connect to a monitor
IMG_20210206_164553.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2021
Start by listing full specs of your system.

If a component is loose on new motherboard, then replace the motherboard.

Sorry, forgot about that

Aorus B550i
Ryzen 7 3700x
Asus tuf gaming 3070
Scythe Fuma 2 CPU cooler
Corsair SFX SF750 Platinum
Corsair Vengeance 3200mhz 2 x 16 GB
Samsung 970 evo

I'll try replacing the motherboard

I think your loose part is voltage regulator module (VRM) and must be present for motherboard to work properly. From photo, it's impossible to tell what's actually wrong.. maybe only housing needs to be fixed, or part of VRM actually lost contact... -replace motherboard.

PS. Don't be sloppy when you specify your hardware. Your motherboard is (I assume) Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX

Feb 6, 2021
Hi! Here's a better picture of what part is loose/almost fell off.

It's my first time building a pc, and mini itx was a bit hard haha. Should have been more carefull i guess
hZ7gXxz_d.webp

It is a choke. Seems someone was lousy and torn it off ;) You may try to replace this board by warranty - that is if opposite side will believe that it happened due to cold soldering. Otherwise give this board together with torn off choke to repair service or give to someone who have proper soldering tools (preheat station, hot air gun, proper solder, flux etc.) and can solder that choke back.