[SOLVED] Loosing IP With Luxul 3150 and Point to Point AP

DCBUS

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2014
Hello,
I am having a major issue loosing my IP connections, Products I am using below. But what is strange, I am replacing a Ubiquiti system that worked fine. Just needed to upgrade for faster speeds.

Luxul 3150 Wireless Router
Luxul 3100 AP
Luxul AC1200 Point to Point AP

When I installed the Luxul, I am loosing IP addresses and computers loose connection to the internet. The router shows that there is still internet, but my devices go from a 192.* to a 169.*. This is very sporadic, but I am not able to hold IP's for a very long period of time. All of a sudden all will be lost.

Any ideas?

Thank you, JR

Solution
Which Luxul device causes the problem?

That 169* IP address is what Windows assigns itself when it cannot find a network connection.

My first suspect would be a bad connection somewhere in the network.

Check all of the network cables and corresponding connection path components such as Ethernet wall outlets, switches, power line adapters, etc. as applicable.

Are you able to provide a simple sketch or line diagram showing how the devices are connected?

Ralston18

Titan
Which Luxul device causes the problem?

That 169* IP address is what Windows assigns itself when it cannot find a network connection.

My first suspect would be a bad connection somewhere in the network.

Check all of the network cables and corresponding connection path components such as Ethernet wall outlets, switches, power line adapters, etc. as applicable.

Are you able to provide a simple sketch or line diagram showing how the devices are connected?

Solution