[SOLVED] Loosing my cool trying to find fans :D

iccanui

Reputable
Feb 7, 2018
Hey gang, im having a hard time getting some fans for my build based on a tomahawk 450 max and honestly im a little confused about all the different types of RGB connections. The style im after is like the Rosewill RGBF-S12001 or darkFlash Aurora DR12. The Rosewill are out of stock and the darkflash are like 20 cfm which is too low for good air flow right ? They are going in a Phantek P400a. Ive gone through so many my head is spinning and i just cant seem to find the right set. Here is what im after. ......
  • Fan speed control either via motherboard or remote ( prefer system temp variable )
  • Ring RGB ( not a fan of the blade illumination, but i have seen 1 or 2 that look good so not 100% opposed )
  • 120mm
  • In stock
  • able to have 6+ fans
  • Will work with tomahawk 450 mx in some way.

Thanks for any responses, its a huge help.

Solution
Corsair, while super annoying with it's proprietary connector, has really good ring rgb fans that are also good quality. pair them with their RGB node (comes in the box for the 3 packs, not sure if in the 2 pack too, don't quote me on that.)
like the ML120 and ML140.
Corsair, while super annoying with it's proprietary connector, has really good ring rgb fans that are also good quality. pair them with their RGB node (comes in the box for the 3 packs, not sure if in the 2 pack too, don't quote me on that.)

Reactions: iccanui
Solution

iccanui

Reputable
Feb 7, 2018

Yea looks like i just screwed up taking advice to quickly on what motherboard to buy and screw myself. Im happy with my build, just not on the RGB capabilities is all. Oh well, live and learn.

Thank you so much for you reply