[SOLVED] Loosing streaming and downloads

Dec 29, 2019
Hey first thread just cause I can’t find this anywhere.

Beginning of October I started having issues with YouTube, Netflix, Discord and Spotify where it would just stop playing or working. On YouTube it shows the first frame, shows the video buffering but doesn’t play, Netflix is quite similar, Spotify loads the song, says it’s playing it but the progress bar doesn’t move, discord if I’m in a call or join a call it freezes at authenticating and can’t touched at all.

All of this gets fixed with a simple reboot but it sometimes doesn’t or sometimes it won’t do it for 3 days. It’s not a network issue cause every other computer works fine with the network and I’m running through a cable

ive tried different browsers, turning off everything thing from boot except drivers AV and Corasair Link, Ive even checked time see if usage has anything to do with it by playing a 5 minute video and playing 3 hour streams but have equal chances of causing the issues. If you need any information feel free to ask.

and before anybody asks I’ve done multiple virus scans, rolled back drivers, clear caches, turned off hardware acceleration, contacted my ISP, nothing has worked, strangely enough it doesn’t affect other parts of the internet as I can browse perfectly fine but downloads do suffer even when my a speed test says my up and down speed are normal I’ll only get 120kb/s on a download

Solution
"It’s not a network issue cause every other computer works fine with the network "

This is from your first post.

That said, this sounds more like some sort of software/memory issue than a networking issue. Not saying impossible, but if no other machine is having the issue except one computer and you get 25Mbps down which is plenty for video streaming it might be time to check CPU and memory usage when it starts happening and see where you are. CTRL + ALT+DEL on windows 10 then task manager, and if "more options" shows in lower left, click that.

Wacabletech06

Reputable
Jul 4, 2019
So if it s not a networking issue why have you posted to the networking forum?

Can you look at the OS error logs and see if anything is going on that may help you pin this down?

Can you do a speed-test on the computer and see what bandwidth you get? It is a sustained download like your having issues with.

Dec 29, 2019
I say its networking because it's not an issue with the network, more so how my computer handles it.

I've checked OS error logs and nothing weird is happening around that time other than the Windows time service stopping and starting, adobe stopping and starting almost instantly and winHTTP Web Proxy stopping then starting again

The speed test when this happens shows everything is normal (25 down, 5 up) literally you would not think there was an issue-based off that information.

one of the biggest annoyances for this is it happens at random between 10pm Dec28 201ed9- and 2:06 am Dec 29 2019 it happened 3 times. The first time it corrected itself the other 2 times required a reboot.

Wacabletech06

Reputable
Jul 4, 2019
"It’s not a network issue cause every other computer works fine with the network "

This is from your first post.

That said, this sounds more like some sort of software/memory issue than a networking issue. Not saying impossible, but if no other machine is having the issue except one computer and you get 25Mbps down which is plenty for video streaming it might be time to check CPU and memory usage when it starts happening and see where you are. CTRL + ALT+DEL on windows 10 then task manager, and if "more options" shows in lower left, click that.

Solution