Loosing textures after upgrading to a different card.

Xenone

Reputable
May 19, 2016
Yesterday I bought an Asus Strix GTX 970 4GB OC to swap it out for my two SLI'ed GTX 670 2GB, I had the two cards for about 2 years and never had any texture loosing problems. Yesterday all I did was uninstall drivers with DDU, took out the two GTX 670's and replaced it with GTX 970, installed drivers and everything worked fine, now I had two days worth of gaming on the card, I notice texture loss when I never had this issue, it's not very often, I would say it happens once or twice an hour, the only two games that I had a chance to play are GTA V and Forza Horizon 4, in both games I had texture loss when I never did before, it's not really big deal since I would normally see a texture loss and it would appear again in one or two seconds but I would obviously prefer for it to not happen espically when on one occasion I lost textures in GTA Online right before I joined a lobby and that caused my game to glitch out and resulted in me getting kicked back to singleplayer.

The card is not overclocked except the factory OC that it comes with, didn't have time yet to OC it myself, all I did was max out power limit to 120%. I even made sure to max out the settings without maxing out VRAM, in both games the highest VRAM usege I see is about 3.6GB, not sure if VRAM can even cause texture loss.