News Lord of the Rings: Gollum Benchmarked. You'll Need a Precious GPU.

PlaneInTheSky

Commendable
BANNED
Oct 3, 2022
"AAA" Games I bought so far in 2023:
-Age of Wonders 4 (PC)
-Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Switch)

Very happy about both these games and I highly recommend them.

"AAA" Games I skipped because of performance issues:
-Forspoken (PC)
-Wild Hearts (PC)
-The Last of Us Part 1 (PC)
-Star Wars Jedi: Survivor (PC)

Reactions: Why_Me

atomicWAR

Glorious
Ambassador
"AAA" Games I bought so far in 2023:
-Age of Wonders 4 (PC)
-Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (Switch)

Very happy about both these games and I highly recommend them.

"AAA" Games I skipped because of performance issues:
-Forspoken (PC)
-Wild Hearts (PC)
-The Last of Us Part 1 (PC)
-Star Wars Jedi: Survivor (PC)
Star Wars Jedi Survivor WAS an issue. Now its generally fine experience but I don't blame your waiting. The game launch didn't exactly inspire confidence. Though I was glad to see them patch issues quickly. I am sure there are still issues but nothing I have personally encountered. Regardless I'd say its safe to buy now but if you waited this long, waiting a little longer so you can pick it up at 25% off or more might well be worth it.
And yes Zelda is amazing, even if the 30FPS kinda kills a small part of my gamer soul, lol.

But there seems to be to many games dropping right now that are a mess in optimization at launch. The old adage don't pre-purchase certainly applies. Hopefuly the devs will square Gollum away quickly. My wife and I had looked forward to its launch, now not so much.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Another AAA game with poor optimisation, and ridiculous resources required. There's a surprise!!!

I haven't bought a new game release apart from BF 2042, in the last year or two. Too many releases with bad performance. That saying BF2042 was a turkey, but is now very playable with great results for midrange cards, so at least it's not so bad.

IMO if a game is a turkey at release (with issue being down to bad optimisation), purchasers of said software should then be a discount or partial refund for testing the game for them.

Beta testing is a thing of the past. That's now at release!

Last edited:

sherhi

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2015
8gb RAM is becoming the new 4gb from few years ago. Anyway, that A770 16gb doesn't look that bad after all those driver updates and considering it's cost...or maybe competition around that price is garbage.

Who buys those games anyway? It has always been better to wait atleast a year to buy games like these...

don't need a precious gpu because nobody LITERALLY nobody should support the devs of this game as its "gameplay" is not there & even with help of Unreal Engine the game looks bad.

you'd get more benefit using the $ as toilet paper.

psycher1

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2013
That 4060 ti looks like it's trying to be the generational step increased equivalent of the 2070. Price matches too. I'm now thinking somebody didn't tell the product manager / whoever was in charge of the naming scheme about the entire 3000 series.

D

Deleted member 14196

don't need a precious gpu because nobody LITERALLY nobody should support the devs of this game as its "gameplay" is not there & even with help of Unreal Engine the game looks bad.

you'd get more benefit using the $ as toilet paper.
lol that game looks like it blows chunks