Lose of signal with Dual Monitars (GPU: R9 270)

Cynongrey

Reputable
Feb 18, 2015
Hello,

I recently tried to set up a dual monitor system and I am having a problem that I can't find the answer to. I have an acer V243HQ monitor that I have hooked up to my R9 270 using a DVI-D chord. I've used it for a long time and never had any problems until I hooked up another (older) dell monitor to set up dual screens.
The dell monitor has a VGA chord that I got an adapter for (VGA male to DVI-I dual link). I have connected both to the GPu and when I first start the computer, everything works fine. Both connected, both working as well as I hoped.
But randomly, both screens will now lose signal and won't come back unless I restart the computer.
What could be the problem? The GPU? The adapter? Or something else?
I thought about getting a VGA to HDMI adapter or something but I don't want to buy it unless I know that it might be the adapter that's faulty.

I'd appreciate any help.
Thanks in advance.

Other specs:

Case: Rosewill R5 Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Case
Motherboard: ASUS Z87-A LGA 1150 Intel 787 HDMI SATA 6 Gb/s
Power Supply: Rosewill Green Series RG631-S12 630W (Could this be causing a problem?)
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K Hasewell Quad-Core 3.5 GHz LGA 1150 84W Desktop Processor
CPU Cooler: CORSAIR Hydro Series H80i
HDD: Seagate Barracuda STBD2000101 2TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0 Gb/s
RAM: Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2400
GPU: MSI R9 270 2G

Cynongrey

Reputable
Feb 18, 2015
Figured it out myself. I simply got a different adapter (VGA to HDMI) and it worked. I used a different monitor with an HDMI plug in before I bought the adapter to make sure that it wasn't the GPU.