Loser pays?

Archived from groups: rec.games.mahjong (More info?)

Perhaps the biggest difference between Classical and many other forms of
mahjong is the rule that losers can collect points for the sets in their
hands.

I wrote:
> Perhaps the biggest difference between Classical and many other forms of
> mahjong is the rule that losers can collect points for the sets in their
> hands...

Oops... there is more to this. I was going to a general question: Which do
you like better -- and why?

Simon Davosi

--
American Code Of Laws For Mah-Jongg: http://tinyurl.com/445ld

"Simon Davosi" wrote:
>> Perhaps the biggest difference between Classical and many other forms of
>> mahjong is the rule that losers can collect points for the sets in their
>> hands...
> Which do you like better -- and why?

Prefer it when only the winner gets paid. Because it's quicker, simpler,
less math.
Tom

"Tom Sloper" <tomsterSPAM@sloperamaSPAM.com> wrote in message news:<UYGdnRIqRK6kxMnfRVn-og@comcast.com>...
> "Simon Davosi" wrote:
> >> Perhaps the biggest difference between Classical and many other forms of
> >> mahjong is the rule that losers can collect points for the sets in their
> >> hands...
> > Which do you like better -- and why?
>
> Prefer it when only the winner gets paid. Because it's quicker, simpler,
> less math.
> Tom

I think the second principal difference which influences the whole
strategy is that "you have to play to the end". Even 4 ready sets,
even Big Three Dragons in your hand, etc. means NOTHING when the
opponents finishes the game.

Vitaly