LOSING D DRIVE IN WINDOWS XP

Hi

I have now realised that there is no D drive, even though it was perfectly
fine before.

Do I have to partition the hard drive, or how can I get D drive back please.

I am using an Inspiron 1100 laptop.

Sheron

What WAS the "D" drive? Do you have a CD drive? Did you remove the CD
drive and replace it a floppy drive? You need to provide a little more
info about what you had/have and what you did.

Sheron wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have now realised that there is no D drive, even though it was perfectly
> fine before.
>
> Do I have to partition the hard drive, or how can I get D drive back please.
>
> I am using an Inspiron 1100 laptop.
>
> Sheron

Hi

The D drive is the DVD drive. I have not removed the CD as this is a
laptop, not a pc.

I have been in Windows Explorer and there is definitely no D drive now. I
have looked in BIOS and it seems okay. I have even put in the XP setup disk,
just to see if it would read the CD. It did from bootup. But if I look at
the CD after bootup D drive is not there.

"Bob I" wrote:

> What WAS the "D" drive? Do you have a CD drive? Did you remove the CD
> drive and replace it a floppy drive? You need to provide a little more
> info about what you had/have and what you did.
>

> Sheron wrote:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I have now realised that there is no D drive, even though it was perfectly
> > fine before.
> >
> > Do I have to partition the hard drive, or how can I get D drive back please.
> >
> > I am using an Inspiron 1100 laptop.
> >
> > Sheron

This is a possible repair for the situation

CD-ROM drive or DVD-ROM drive appears to be missing after you install
Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;320553

Sheron wrote:
> Hi
>
> The D drive is the DVD drive. I have not removed the CD as this is a
> laptop, not a pc.

So it's a Mac then? If so, why are you posting to a Windows XP group?! ;o)

on salads.