Losing internet connection all of a sudden

nojoy1

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2009
Last night i went to see the game over my cousins house and everything was fine and dandy. I come home to my connection dying on me. Only came back when i unplugged the wire to the routher in and out or disabled/enabled network connections in windows xp. Need help plz, this is getting annoying.

nojoy1

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2009
Btw it seems to die like every 5-10 minutes, i disable the connection in network settings then enable it and it works. What could be messing it up?

PaulR08

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2008
It could be a conflict with your security software like the firewall settings. Also, I suggest testing the cat5e cable by replacing it with a new one.

tank

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2009
Could be several things. How long has your current internet worked? If it has worked for a while. i would suggest getting a new modem. If you don't want to spend the bucks call you ISP. Some times they change things on their end. The will tell you to do the standard uplugg everything for 30 seconds, that will open a new gateway to them. Depending what type of service you have, ur signal strength could be whacky.. Just some thoughts.

AKASH NAIN

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2009
I think u have the same problem that i had.U should goto ur network provider site and just check all settings and after configuring restart the connection from the system maintaince tab by clicking system restart tab.It really works .I always do it when i get that type of problem.I think u should try it.Best of luck.