Question Losing internet connection continuously - Have tried many solutions on this forum, never solved the problem

May 21, 2019
Hey guys,

I have a problem with my WiFi USB Adapter. For the past year it just drops the internet connection every few minutes. Most times I get lucky, and I just either have to reboot my computer and I no longer have the issue, or I just unplug and plug in the adapter and it will work fine. But in some cases (like today) I don't get so lucky and it will drop over and over again, no matter how many times I have rebooted my computer or tried unplugging and plugging it back in.

Here is some info I can give you guys:

-I am currently using Windows 10
-It doesn't matter what USB port I use
-I have already gone into the properties of the adapter and unchecked the power management box.
-It has nothing to do with the router/modem since this is an issue I have had on multiple routers.

PC Specs:
Motherboard - MSI B360 GAMING PLUS
Power Supply - Corsair TX650M 80PLUS Gold
WiFi Adapter - Belkin Wireless Adapter (driver version: 1027.4.630.2015)
Windows Version - Windows 10 1803

I would be forever thankful if you guys would be able to help me fix this issue I have had for so long and have never been able to solve.

Fru

May 21, 2019
I would switch to Ethernet if it were possible, can't stand WiFi.

I am starting to think this is just a malfunction with the adapter itself that cannot be fixed through settings. Can't seem to find anything online about my issue.

AllanGH

Commendable
Mar 10, 2019
The problem with WiFi is that it is subject to interference from a variety of sources, so you may actually be in a situation where you have to just live with it until you decide that you can run some CAT 6 cable.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS