Question Losing internet connection continuously - Have tried many solutions on this forum, never solved the problem

May 21, 2019
Hey guys,

I have a problem with my WiFi USB Adapter. For the past year it just drops the internet connection every few minutes. Most times I get lucky, and I just either have to reboot my computer and I no longer have the issue, or I just unplug and plug in the adapter and it will work fine. But in some cases (like today) I don't get so lucky and it will drop over and over again, no matter how many times I have rebooted my computer or tried unplugging and plugging it back in.

Here is some info I can give you guys:

-I am currently using Windows 10
-It doesn't matter what USB port I use
-I have already gone into the properties of the adapter and unchecked the power management box.
-It has nothing to do with the router/modem since this is an issue I have had on multiple routers.

PC Specs:
Motherboard - MSI B360 GAMING PLUS
Power Supply - Corsair TX650M 80PLUS Gold
WiFi Adapter - Belkin Wireless Adapter (driver version: 1027.4.630.2015)
Windows Version - Windows 10 1803

I would be forever thankful if you guys would be able to help me fix this issue I have had for so long and have never been able to solve.

Fru

May 21, 2019
I would switch to Ethernet if it were possible, can't stand WiFi.

I am starting to think this is just a malfunction with the adapter itself that cannot be fixed through settings. Can't seem to find anything online about my issue.