Losing network connectivity after about 24 hours.

Dionysus

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2003
I have a netgear mr814 wireless router, and I have a linksys usb adapter, and a netgear ma101 that I have both tried on the same machine. After I leave my pc on all night downloading etc, I wake up and have no connection. I see that I am not connected to my wireless router, so I try and connect and it fails. I reboot, and 9 times out of 10 I am back online, the other time I have to reboot the router.

My network connections has an internet gateway when I am online, a wireless connection, 2 1324 adapters and one network bridge. I am using the asus deluxe board which has two built in nics that I have disabled. Thanks for any insight.

To save some time I should point out I have the latest firmware for the router, and as far as I know the latest usb drivers for my adapters. I can't help but feel that the majority of my problems is a setting or something I have overlooked.

ycs46241

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2001
you should have bought linksys and then used this

WSB24 Wireless Signal Booster, 802.11b

Turn up the volume on your Wireless LAN! The Linksys Wireless Signal Booster piggybacks onto your Linksys Wireless Access Point (or Wireless Access Point Router) to increase the effective range and coverage area of the 802.11b network.

The added signal strength also helps speed up your close-range communications, because every packet comes through "loud and clear", reducing retransmissions due to reception errors.

To install, just stack the Wireless Signal Booster on your Access Point, move the antennas to the Booster, and attach the Booster's twin cables to the Access Point -- no drivers or modifications to your setup are necessary.

The Linksys Wireless Signal Booster saves wiring costs and helps to build corporate wireless infrastructure by driving signals even into those distant, reflective corners and hard-to-reach areas.

And it's perfect for covering large areas in warehouse environments, public spaces, wireless hotspots, and outdoor venues -- anywhere you need extra coverage for your wireless LAN.
Increase the coverage of the WAP11 and BEFW11S4
Wireless transmission become more efficient as retransmission are decreased
Save on wiring costs with enterprise-level coverage
Increase the effective range of your Linksys 802.11b Access Point or Wireless Access Point Router
Stronger signal improves throughput by reducing retransmissions
Save on wiring costs -- increase your Access Point's coverage into hard-to-reach areas
Simple installation -- stack, connect, and go
Note: This product has been certified by the FCC for use with the Linksys WAP11 and BEFW11S4 only.

Platform: PC
Communication Type: Radio Frequency (RF)
Protocols: IEEE 802.11b

Port Connectors: Ethernet - RJ45 Twisted-Pair (XBaseT)

System Requirements: One Linksys 802.11b Access Point(such as the WAP11 or BEFW11S4)

In the Box: One Wireless Signal Booster
Setup diagram (printed)
Registration card
Two RP SMA to RP TNC connection cables
Power Adapter

Height: 2.48 in
Width: 7.32 in
Depth: 6.10 in
Weight: 1.87 lbs

Dionysus

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2003
I changed the channel to 1 and its been running for 4 or 5 days now. Thanks for the input though, Ill save the money and just use this other channel.