[SOLVED] Losing out on dual channel mode with 3x4GB sticks of RAM

Thurman605

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
I bought another stick of 4GB RAM for my PC so I'd have 12GB to run Tarkov a little better but I'll lose out on Dual Channel mode. Is this going to be a big problem or not? I've checked and the Mobo states "It is unable to activate Dual Channel Memory Technology with only one or three memory module installed"

Solution
Yes you will lose a bit of performance. If you already have the extra stick you can perform a before and after test to see for yourself. Dual channel mode without a doubt boost performance, especially in Tarkov that is dependent on fast RAM calls and single core performance.
Yes you will lose a bit of performance. If you already have the extra stick you can perform a before and after test to see for yourself. Dual channel mode without a doubt boost performance, especially in Tarkov that is dependent on fast RAM calls and single core performance.

Solution

Thurman605

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
Even considering the 8 vs 12GB? I'll do a benchmark to test the before and after.

What is your motherboard?
Intel motherboards will have something called flex mode.
The matching 4gb will operate in dual channel mode and the odd capacity will be single channel mode.
Really not a bad thing. Dual channel operation is important for integrated graphics, but not so much with a discrete graphics card.

Thurman605

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
What is your motherboard?
Intel motherboards will have something called flex mode.
The matching 4gb will operate in dual channel mode and the odd capacity will be single channel mode.
Really not a bad thing. Dual channel operation is important for integrated graphics, but not so much with a discrete graphics card.
Its an ASRock H87 Pro4 was looking through the manual and don't think it has that http://asrock.pc.cdn.bitgravity.com/Manual/H87 Pro4.pdf