[SOLVED] Losing performance

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 12, 2019
Hello. Some months ago my hard disk got destroyed or something like that. I sent it in for reparation and I think they pretty much fixed it. I had not used my computer for months then. My computer is a MSi GL72M 7RDX-693NE. It is a gaming laptop. When I got it back from service I noticed that the performance in games such as csgo, Minecraft and fortnite had decreased a lot. It was laggy and could not run at that many fps. My computer was also working quite hard. Today I noticed that my graphics card or something is not anywhere to find on my laptop. I have nvida it says with the GeForce gtx 1050. But cant find anything on my computer. Nothing with GeForce experience or anything. I want my computer to be fine again. Someone please give me tips! Help me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Here is what they list on their website:

Norway
Service Center
InfoCare Workshop
Address: Industrivegen 53 2212 Konsvinger, Norway
TEL: +47 2195 7799 (man – fre, 9-16)
E-mail: serviceportalen.no@infocareworkshop.com
Working Hours: Service Time for Nordic Hotline(we provide only English hotline service): 8:00AM till 16:00PM from Monday to Friday.(National holidays exception).
Note: Toll free Number, basically you are calling us for free Regular, local Number: you need to pay base on your phone operator rates for local calls.
Jul 12, 2019
Okey. But after i get it on an USB drive, should I just plug it in before turning it on? Will that fix it? I did not really understand that part. And can the Portable USB drive have other files on it such as school work? Can you explain what to do next a bit simpler please :)?

The Windows installer will delete all files on the USB flash drive. Once the flash drive is loaded with Windows, you would plug it into your laptop, then turn it on. There will be questions, but I don't remember them all off the top of my head. You may want to take it to someone who can do this for you. A reasonable person shouldn't charge too much for an OS install.

Question: the last time you sent your laptop in for service, was it under warranty or did you have to pay?

The steps for the clean install are LITERALLY there, step by step. If you follow every step, exactly as it's outlined, it should not be a problem, unless you are unable to follow step by step instructions.

Here's another version, just in case the formatting on my tutorial currently is what is screwing you up.

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/how-to-do-clean-installation-windows-10,36160.html

And another version, not by me.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-clean-install-windows-10-a.html

Then, after the clean install is complete, you need to find the product page for your laptop and download each of the drivers listed for it. Then install them. That should include chipset drivers, video drivers, audio drivers, network adapter drivers and storage controller or usb drivers as well.

Jul 12, 2019
Now I have plugged it in my laptop and it seems to work, but then i get the option to Install Windows and keep, files, setting and programs or to install just windows. What is the best option for me to choose? What will secure me the best gaming experience later?

Jul 12, 2019
It gives me alot of places where to install windows now. I dont really now what to choose. Some says restore and some says primary. Some has over 100 GB of available storage, some less than 1 GB. Does it matter which one i choose?

Jul 12, 2019
It says if i delete one of these partitions I could delete important files or programs from the producer of the laptop. I am not sure if i am comfortable with that. i dont want to make things worse than they are. Should i just not download it on the primary windows partition/station with a 143 GB available space? I am new to this so i’m very careful.

Using those "important files from the producer of this laptop" is what got you in this mess. Just sayin'. There won't be an issue with you leaving the existing partitions, except that some space on the drive will be wasted. As far as the drive to pick during setup, you want to pick the SSD drive. Looking up your model, I can't tell if yours is the one with the 256 GB SSD or the 128 GB SSD, but if you aren't sure either, the drive in the Windows 10 setup page showing one of those two values I mentioned as the full drive size (not just the available space number) would be the one you want to pick.

Are you even reading the guides I linked you to, because all of those answers are there. Seems to me like you are trying to install from within Windows, rather than doing a clean install by booting from the installation media, because if you had chosen the "Custom" option as the guide tells you to do, there would be no option to "keep files" or anything else along those lines.

Jul 12, 2019
I have read what you have written but it does not seem like the same thing is happening to me. When i start my computer i get to the troubleshoot menu after i continue from the "Auto repair could not repair your computer" message. Then my USB drive pops up. After that i have to choose language to download, then i start the installation. Then it gives me so many options where to download it. I think it is drives. Here is some pictures. Sorry it is in Norwegian :/
69157606_367906687211588_5659416180453015552_n.jpg
69310384_732673977164383_8658545513437593600_n.jpg

Unless there are good options if you scroll up, the Windows Partition you have selected would in the screen shot would be the one to use. As far as the next screen, you can do either. The second option is what I would recommend, the first option keeps all your person files. Either one should fix your install and get you back into Windows.

Jul 12, 2019
Okey. Now i can finally enter my computer again. Thank you for your help guys :). Just one more question. From the link that you posted for the drivers for my model. Wich of the drivers should i download to secure best gaming experience?

Jul 12, 2019
After installing all the drivers and changing on some nvida graphics settings everything seems worse kinda :/. Minecraft is taking around 90% of my processor now and is worse playing. I think at this point i might send it in for service. What should I send it in for? Is it possible to send it in so they make it all new? Or a full scan or something?