[SOLVED] Losing performance

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Jul 12, 2019
Hello. Some months ago my hard disk got destroyed or something like that. I sent it in for reparation and I think they pretty much fixed it. I had not used my computer for months then. My computer is a MSi GL72M 7RDX-693NE. It is a gaming laptop. When I got it back from service I noticed that the performance in games such as csgo, Minecraft and fortnite had decreased a lot. It was laggy and could not run at that many fps. My computer was also working quite hard. Today I noticed that my graphics card or something is not anywhere to find on my laptop. I have nvida it says with the GeForce gtx 1050. But cant find anything on my computer. Nothing with GeForce experience or anything. I want my computer to be fine again. Someone please give me tips! Help me!

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Here is what they list on their website:

Norway
Service Center
InfoCare Workshop
Address: Industrivegen 53 2212 Konsvinger, Norway
TEL: +47 2195 7799 (man – fre, 9-16)
E-mail: serviceportalen.no@infocareworkshop.com
Working Hours: Service Time for Nordic Hotline(we provide only English hotline service): 8:00AM till 16:00PM from Monday to Friday.(National holidays exception).
Note: Toll free Number, basically you are calling us for free Regular, local Number: you need to pay base on your phone operator rates for local calls.
If the system is worse after a clean install, then something is wrong with the hardware. If it is still under warranty, sending it back with instructions to restore everything to how it was originally, since that's what you want, is probably a good idea. Plus, I have no idea how to help you with screens that are non-English.

Jul 12, 2019
Okey i probably will send it in then, and i understand :). Here is a screenshot anyway. Its in english now:
69134154_414539725934603_3139553490590760960_n.jpg

Jul 12, 2019
I am not sure. I sent it back to a workshop where i ordered it from told me to send it. I will probably send it back. What will I write in the description? What will i tell them?

I had a feeling you were going to say that (due to the way the drive was wiped when you got it back at the start of the thread). Have you checked to see if MSI has RMA service available in your area? It might take longer, but you have a much better chance of getting a real fix if they can accommodate you.

Yes, you should be going through MSI, the MANUFACTURER, not some other company, unless MSI tells you otherwise or unless it's no longer under manufacturer warranty. Even the fact that you sent it to another place for service, which is pretty weird to begin with, could be a problem with the warranty if it's not someplace MSI told you to send it to or take it.

The only exception to that would be if the place you bought it from (store) had it's own extended warranty on it and the warranty through the manufacturer was expired. Otherwise, it should always go through MSI.

Jul 12, 2019
I think the store had its own warranty on the laptop, but I live in Norway, and I dont think there is a workshop for MSi in my country at all. So i’m not sure what to do next

Here is what they list on their website:

Norway
Service Center
InfoCare Workshop
Address: Industrivegen 53 2212 Konsvinger, Norway
TEL: +47 2195 7799 (man – fre, 9-16)
E-mail: serviceportalen.no@infocareworkshop.com
Working Hours: Service Time for Nordic Hotline(we provide only English hotline service): 8:00AM till 16:00PM from Monday to Friday.(National holidays exception).
Note: Toll free Number, basically you are calling us for free Regular, local Number: you need to pay base on your phone operator rates for local calls.

Solution