[SOLVED] Losing Signal on a Monitor after plugging in a TV

Dec 16, 2019
Hey y'all,

I'm currently running 2 1080p monitors, one 144hz and the other 60hz. The 144hz one is connected via Displayport and the 60hz via HDMI. I also have a Samsung 720p TV that I attempt to connect via HDMI to Displayport adapter. But when I do, the 144hz display loses signal, meaning only the 60hz and TV show anything. The 60hz can then be unplugged which brings the 144hz back, but ofcourse still only 2 displays work.

I tested using a normal 3 third monitor (i.e. an ASUS 60hz 1080p monitor) which worked, allowing all to show a signal, I tried lowering resolutions and refresh rates which did not work. I recently upgraded GPU's from a GTX 1060 to a RX 5700 XT but the problem remains. I had a theory that since both the 144hz and the TV have speakers and get audio via the video cable maybe that was clashing or something, but I've truly got no idea.

I can provide extra info if needed, but any ideas?

Thanks

Solution
ok so if anyone in like the future years comes across this thread with a similar problem, the tv does work now, but it only worked after a completely fresh install of windows 10, sooo there's atleast one solution
Dec 16, 2019
ok so if anyone in like the future years comes across this thread with a similar problem, the tv does work now, but it only worked after a completely fresh install of windows 10, sooo there's atleast one solution

Solution