[SOLVED] losing sleep on upgrade that keeps crashing.

Apr 21, 2020
Long story and I would appreciate any help. Here we go.

I previously bought hp omen prebuilt that was fine but when I like the rest of the world went online for work I felt I needed to upgrade (my cpu specifically). So after weeks of research I bit the bullet. I brought over my old ram (V-Color Prism RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200MHz), ssd (Samsung evo 860 250gb)and my gpu (nvidia gtx 1060) but my prebuilt case and mobo would not work with the upgrades I wanted. so I had to get new stuff. a Ryzen 5 3600x, cooler master nr600, seasonic focus+ 650W 80G FM ATX, mobo (asrock b450m pro4 at first) I say at first because when I got home and installed everything I kept getting bsod messages. Most common were paged fault in non-paged area, IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL, but there were a bunch more. Apps would crash too. Zoom and obs, call of duty war zone, bombergrounds on steam. It wasn’t constant but it was consistent in that it inconsistently would crash. I tested each stick of ram separately. Crashes. I tried an old stick of 8gb ram. Crashes. I swapped to a MSI tomahawk MOBO, and tried a WD BLUE 500gb ssd same issues. I let my buddies look at it. They tested with their GPU. Crashes. One thing that kinda worked was the timings of the rams, but when I got it back and ran it at home it crashed again. So what do you guys think? I’m out of ideas and don’t want to stay up all night any more. Please help!!

Solution
Try updating BIOS to latest version. It may improve memory compatibility.
If that doesn't help, then try ram with lowered performance settings, disable A-XMP.
Apr 21, 2020
You changed motherboard - so reinstall windows.

What model HP Omen was it? If it was with Intel CPU, then windows reinstall definitely is in order.
Thanks for the reply. Yup I reinstalled a brand new copy of windows after reformatting multiple times. It was an intel CPU. It was the HP Omen 870-224. But again I did a clean install. Updated windows once it installed. At first there were issues installing updates, but after I swapped out to the tomahawk those issues went away. But the crashing remains. Thanks for your help

Deicidium369

Permanantly banned.
BANNED
Mar 4, 2020
Looks like memory related, can you try asking ur buddies for their memory sticks to run a few trials?
Dells and I am sure HPs are not meant to be upgraded - the BIOS are not common off the shelf and are almost guaranteed to be locked to stop people from upgrading. Sounds NOTHING like a memory issue.

Waiting for someone to suggest it's the PS

Apr 21, 2020
Tested with new ram. Still had issues. It was a faulty CPU. Of all things. Had to get a 2600x since the store didn’t have anything else. Running fine no issues. Thanks everyone