stuart

Every time I switch my computer on, I have to correct the
date and time. Once on these remain accurate. Can you
help?

Hi Stuart,

I would suspect the CMOS battery is dead. It is a simple matter to replace
it in most modern machines. Generally, it is about the size of a US nickel
and can be easily seen on the motherboard. Replacements can be found in
nearly any store that sells watch or camera batteries. Changing the battery
can cause the loss of any custom BIOS settings, but I suspect you are
probably using defaults anyhow or you would have noticed other system
problems.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

In news:431a01c4a6d4$00603880$a501280a@phx.gbl,
Stuart <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:

> Every time I switch my computer on, I have to correct the
> date and time. Once on these remain accurate. Can you
> help?

If you are losing the correct time and date while the computer is
powered off, almost certainly you need to replace the battery.

Please reply to the newsgroup

stuart

I have now changed the batery but the problem remains.