Question Losing Video Output at Random Intervals

xMrFacex

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2013
Hello friends,

Got this PC from BestBuy. Everything was running smoothly for the first couple of months, until one day I lost video output from the graphics card. When this happens I still have audio and I am still connected to discord and can talk to my buddies. The current work around is to just reset my computer every time it happens. Unfortunately this is only a temporary fix. Eventually it got to the point where I was losing video daily, and after that multiple times a day. I did come across an article talking about reseating the graphics card on the motherboard. After trying this the multiple times a day video drop stopped but unfortunately the problem persisted at random intervals at least once a day. After this I've reseated the graphics card about 4 times now and have determined that the card is in-fact correctly installed. I've lost a lot of progress in gaming multiple times because I've had to reset in the middle of an objective and is progressively becoming more frustrating.

Things to Note
This pc was bought in 2020.
All drivers are current and up to date.
Nothing in the PC is dusty.
Pc originally came with windows 10, the problem started before and persisted through the upgrade to windows 11, leading me to believe this is a hardware issue.
The only part that I have added to the pc is filling the ram slots with extra ram this was about two weeks ago, well after the first video loss event.
When gaming, my GPU will stay at a consistent temp of around 60 to 65. After upping the fan to about 90 percent it will stay at around 35 to 40. Problem persisted through the change.
I am using display port for my monitor with a 5k DP cord
I've tried turning it on and off again.
It's plugged in.

Operating System
Windows 11 Home 64-bit
CPU
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core Processor
RAM
32.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1499MHz (16-20-20-38) The rams says it's unknown in speccy but it's made by ADATA. PC4-24000 DDR4 3000 MHz NON ECC Desktop Ram AX4U300038G16-BWZ This is not sold retail, thinking this model of ram stick was manufactured specifically for their prebuilt pc, got my extra ram from Ebay to match my sticks and works great.
Motherboard
ASRock B550AM Gaming (AM4) 33 °C
Graphics
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 (MSI) 40 °C
Storage
931GB Western Digital WDC WDS100T2B0C-00PXH0 (Unknown (SSD))
Power
Apevia 800W Prestige Power 80 Plus Gold (ATXPR800W)
Monitor
LG ULTRAGEAR 27GP83B (2560x1440@165Hz)