Losing window focus around every 5-15 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lymbow

Commendable
Sep 12, 2016
Since a couple of days ago I've been having issues with my computer where it keeps losing window focus every so often. First thing I did to try and identify the problem was open the task manager to see what processes were running and I noticed that every time I would lose window focus, a process called "Com Surrogate" would appear, and then disappear shortly after. Opening the file path showed that it was a file called "dllhost.exe".

I've tried looking around for some way to fix it but with no success.

I later ran a focus logger program and noticed that it wasn't actually dllhost.exe stealing my window focus constantly, but instead it was a file called WerFault.exe.

This file apparently has something to do with windows error reporting, so I tried disabling that, but to no avail.

I've tried some other options as well such as scanning for viruses and checking an event log, however I can't personally understand what's going on in the event log. All I know is every time I lose window focus events like these pop up for the dllhost.exe process:

87ceaf6a62.png

I've yet to figure out what events show up for WerFault however, and I don't even know if it's relevant.

Feel free to ask me if you need any more information.

Thanks.

Colif

Win 11 Master
werfault tied into reliability monitor. Search cortana for reliability and choose view reliability history amd see if it has any clues to problems.

other way: Control Panel -> Security and Maintenance -> Maintenance -> View reliability history

Lymbow

Commendable
Sep 12, 2016

This is incredibly helpful. Yesterday my spotify crashed you see, and the focus loss stopped. I tried reinstalling spotify and restarting it, and everything was fine. However when I started the computer today it came back. Now that I check this list we can see that the problem is indeed spotify. Also, excuse the Swedish language setting.

e7cc195028.png

What should I do to fix it? Is "Spotify Web Helper" different from the spotify client, which I already reinstalled, perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.