Question Loss of display with freezing

CallumP227

Honorable
Aug 3, 2013
Hello members of the forum im really in a bit of a pickle atm, a recently built pc (Specs below) will randomly stop outputing a display signal and freeze. by freeze i mean fans etc all still spinning lighting still on etc, but if i push the reset button or hold the power button it wont restart/turn off. i have to turn it off by the plug or back of psu. this has been happening since about january however i have noticed that the last sort of two months it wont freeze but will just restart. i recently borrowed a friends gpu to see if that was the issue (Yes i changed drivers properly) but the problem persists. any ideas? Thanks.
ps, have tried setting bios to defaults incase it was something i did but still the same.
https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/cTrMjy

PC Tailor

Dignified
Herald
This sounds like it could be a PSU issue.
Does the issue still occur in safe mode?

Are there any errors in your event viewer excluding error 41 (kernel power) errors?
(As a side note, 1000W is waaaaaaaaay more than you need.)

I would swap out PSU initially, random reboots can be indicative of power issue.

CallumP227

Honorable
Aug 3, 2013
I have not tried it in safe mode but just ckecked event viewer and error 41 kernal-power is there. Also i know the psu is overkill but i got a good deal on it. and with its warrenty i thought i may keep it for a good few years. the GPU has since been changed for a Strix 970 and will be changed again when navi releases.

CallumP227

Honorable
Aug 3, 2013
Im really at a loss with this pc now changed psu still the same, found i had a faulty motherboard so changed that, then my ram was faulty as well, (old mobo had a faulty ram slot too) now it is hopefully working but i have no sound all drivers etc installed and it fails to play the test sound as well. i feel like just striping the thing and selling it off and going back to intel at this point, and the speakers do work as ive tested them too. any advice?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS