Question Lost 90 gb of ssd

Tyler_146

Reputable
Jun 21, 2017
I rebuilt my computer in a new case along with a new 500 gb ssd. I went to format the new ssd and noticed that the 2.5 120 gb ssd I had been using needed to be reformatted as well and listed only 27.12 gb of free space.

Winddirstrat shows only one subdirectory that has a size of zero.

What happened to my nearly 100 gigs?

Last edited:

USAFRet

Titan
I rebuilt my computer in a new case along with a new 500 gb ssd. I went to format the new ssd and noticed that the 2.5 120 gb ssd I had been using needed to be reformatted as well and listed only 27.12 gb of free space.

Winddirstrat shows only one subdirectory that has a size of zero.

What happened to my nearly 100 gigs?
What were you using the 120GB for previously?
Did you happen to use that as an OS install for the 500GB?

Tyler_146

Reputable
Jun 21, 2017
"27.12GB " points to it being formatted as FAT32 along the way.

I was using it for my games, namely rainbow six, which i think actually left about that amount of the drive when it was installed on there. However, it came up as a new drive and I had to reformat it anyways. Its NTFS as well, not FAT32

The OS is on a seperate HDD, 1tb

Tyler_146

Reputable
Jun 21, 2017
Yeah, I just checked - R6 full download is 71 gb. that brings me to 98.12 gb which seems much more appropriate for a 120 gb ssd.

Now how do i get it back when windirstrat is telling me its got 100% free space?

this may be silly but has happened before.
Are you sure there is not a USB drive plugged into your computer somewhere?
Can you also unplug your 500gb SSD?
Swap the Sata cables between the 500gb and 120gb (but still leave 500gb unplugged)
Then go back into Disk managment

Also under DEVICE MANAGER
Disk Drives
Please screen shot that

Reactions: USAFRet

Tyler_146

Reputable
Jun 21, 2017
Guys, Ive figured out the problem. The issue was my 32 gb intel optane memory stick. I completely forgot I had it since I failed to set it up a year ago. My 120 gb ssd hasnt been detected by my system.

Thanks to Electro_90 for directing me to my disk drives. I never considered that to be the issue.

Reactions: ElectrO_90
Guys, Ive figured out the problem. The issue was my 32 gb intel optane memory stick. I completely forgot I had it since I failed to set it up a year ago. My 120 gb ssd hasnt been detected by my system.

Thanks to Electro_90 for directing me to my disk drives. I never considered that to be the issue.
If you want to say I solved it, I think there is a little Trophy above the Up and Down arrow on the left side - I think only the OP can see it.

If you want to say I solved it, I think there is a little Trophy above the Up and Down arrow on the left side - I think only the OP can see it.