Lost Additional Files?

fabris

Commendable
Mar 18, 2016
Hi,

I have WD Passport Essential and I used it to back up my C disk on W 7 before upgrading on W 10. I was not satisfied with W 10 and I decided to go back on W 7. After I did it I run my Passport but I do not see my backed up files anymore. They are shown as Additional Files but can not rich them. The part of the Passport with Additional Files is not active.
What can I do?
thks
Fabris

Hello fabris

Can you please elaborate what do you mean when you mentioned 'The part of the Passport with Additional Files is not active.'? Do you mean the partition is not accessible, it is grayed out, it doesn't show any disk space usage, etc.?

In case your files are deleted, the methods given below may help you recover them easily.

Method 01
If you enabled System Protection for your external drive, you can restore the partition to its previous version by right-clicking the drive itself, going to Properties, going to the Previous Versions tab, selecting the desired version of the backup file from the list to restore, and then clicking the Restore button from below.

Method 02

If the case is otherwise, you may need a third-party data recovery tool to recover your files back. A few such tools are:

> EaseUs Data Recovery
> 7-Data Recovery
> MiniTool Power Data Recovery

Please provide us with further information in order to allow us to provide you with the accurate solution.

Cheers!!

fabris

Commendable
Mar 18, 2016

fabris

Commendable
Mar 18, 2016
Hello and thks for your response. My back up I made is now shown in two parts, one (blue) where I have Pictures,Othher,Music Movies, Documents and other (grey) where there are Additional Files (209,5 GB). If I want to retrieve the Additional Files I can not do it.

TRENDING THREADS