[SOLVED] Lost Ark massive fps drops

Simo1991

Reputable
Jul 7, 2016
Hello,

I recently installed the new game "lost ark online" to try it, but i have a problem with it, everytime something new is about to load up , i experience a massive drop in fps and everything goes very slow, i'd guess that the dps do reach somewhere below 10, but then after the load up it becomes normal.

Lemme give an example : for example press "W" is a skill with some animation, if i just logged into the game if i press W the skill animation goes so slow and i experience a drop in fps during that animation until its over, then after that i can use it normally with no problem. I have same issue with everything else in the game that is going to load up for the first time, even opening my bag for the first time causes fps drop, exploring new areas in maps, other players showing next to me, other players using their skills for the first time next to me and so on.

Is it something that has to do with RAM?

Here are my pc specs which meet the recommended requirements of the game :
-Core i7 4790
  • RAM 8gb 1600 mghz
  • Saphire R9 380 Nitro OC
  • 1 TB Hardrive
  • 250 SSD

P.S: i have the game installed in the HDD not the SSD

Solution
Hello,

I recently installed the new game "lost ark online" to try it, but i have a problem with it, everytime something new is about to load up , i experience a massive drop in fps and everything goes very slow, i'd guess that the dps do reach somewhere below 10, but then after the load up it becomes normal.

Lemme give an example : for example press "W" is a skill with some animation, if i just logged into the game if i press W the skill animation goes so slow and i experience a drop in fps during that animation until its over, then after that i can use it normally with no problem. I have same issue with everything else in the game that is going to load up for the first time, even opening my bag for the first time causes fps drop...

Dcopymope

Prominent
BANNED
Aug 13, 2018
Hello,

Lemme give an example : for example press "W" is a skill with some animation, if i just logged into the game if i press W the skill animation goes so slow and i experience a drop in fps during that animation until its over, then after that i can use it normally with no problem. I have same issue with everything else in the game that is going to load up for the first time, even opening my bag for the first time causes fps drop, exploring new areas in maps, other players showing next to me, other players using their skills for the first time next to me and so on.

Is it something that has to do with RAM?

Here are my pc specs which meet the recommended requirements of the game :
-Core i7 4790
  • RAM 8gb 1600 mghz
  • Saphire R9 380 Nitro OC
  • 1 TB Hardrive
  • 250 SSD
P.S: i have the game installed in the HDD not the SSD

You should get another 8gbs of ram and replace your SSD with a 1 or 2 TB SSD so that you have enough space to install your operating system and video games on it. Both have to be on the SSD because the performance improvement you will get as a result is determined by your drives ability to quickly read and write data between the application concerned and the operating system. You should try these things first before we get to anything else because the setup you have now isn't really optimal for gaming.

Solution

Simo1991

Reputable
Jul 7, 2016
You should get another 8gbs of ram and replace your SSD with a 1 or 2 TB SSD so that you have enough space to install your operating system and video games on it. Both have to be on the SSD because the performance improvement you will get as a result is determined by your drives ability to quickly read and write data between the application concerned and the operating system. You should try these things first before we get to anything else because the setup you have now isn't really optimal for gaming.
Yeah, my setup is little bit old, i had it for like 4 years now, my motherboard is supporting ddr3 and i won't waste money on a an other ddr3 because im planning to upgrade to ddr4....but i will try to install the game in the SSD and see if there will be any improvements.