pop

Hi,

I should know the answer to this, but I can't seem to figure it
out: How do I get to automatically request to hang up the phone
line when I close out of IE/OE?

I get the auto-dial window OK whenever I start IE/OE, but not the
window asking if I want to hang up when I close down.

TIA

Pop

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 10:08:41 -0500, Pop wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I should know the answer to this, but I can't seem to figure it
> out: How do I get to automatically request to hang up the phone
> line when I close out of IE/OE?
>
> I get the auto-dial window OK whenever I start IE/OE, but not the
> window asking if I want to hang up when I close down.
>
> TIA
>
> Pop

Pop, it's been a while since I've used OE (or dialup) but I don't think
there's a setting to disconnect when you close the program. I believe
there's a setting in the Synchronize dialog window. After clicking OE's
Synchronize, there's a box that can be checked to disconnect when finished.

For IE, I would suggest using the "disconnect after idle for x minutes"
setting in the network connection's properties. I hope you get answers that
get you closer to what you want. Perhaps the above will hold you over until
then.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User