Question Lost images when folder merged.

bullooka

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2014
Hie, I've scrolled through to topics but confused where i should put my issue,
I have a pc with windows 10. and using WD passport 2tb as a storage device for my images, some nights ago i copied the image folder from my camera "Nikon D5600" to WD Passport, it asked to merge the folder and I clicked yes, after that there was no warning/confirmation for replacing images but when yesterday i checked my drive i have lost me previous image in that particular folder, now i tried to search the whole pc and drives for the image but there are no sign of it, so i tried "Active undelete" to search for deleted images but it's still not there, also tried unticking the hide system folder and hidden fielder but there are no sign of my images.
Can anyone please help me, I'm freaking out now... The images of my whole trip with my family's are lost now😭

bullooka

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2014
Umm, i didn't get what you trying to say, but now I'm sure it was replaced with new images.
Previously i copied the whole folder of my trip without renaming anything, after two days when my cousin brought back the camera i copied pasted in same folder where previous folder was, there was a confirmation about merging the folder and I clicked accept, but there was no popup about replacing any image so didn't checked at that time, but with the guess i tried taking random images, copied it to desktop, cleared the camera storage, and then again took some random images. After that when i copied the same folder it asked to merge it and it again replaced every image withou any confirmation about replacing it. So, now I'm sure it was replaced and i don't think it's now possible to recover those.... But if there is, please guide me.😢