Lost Kodak wireless printer connection to router how do I fix it

Status
Not open for further replies.

prissybow

Honorable
May 5, 2012
Hello,
Have a 3 month old Kodak ESP 2150SE Wireless Office All-In-One printer recently did an update and next time I went to print had lost my wireless connection to router. Have tried everything they tell you to do on the internet and still can't get it back (I an 70 yr old woman, so not the sharpest tack..ha) I had no problem when I bought it and set it up.

Your best bet, since you did it before is to set it up again. Otherwise, since it did not work after an update (windows update?), the driver for the printer was most likely changed, and you would have to go into device manager for the printer and try "Rolling back" the driver to previous one.

prissybow

Honorable
May 5, 2012
I tried everything they tell you on the internet & nothing worked. Finally called Kodak and got a young man in India. He took over my computer remotely and got it back working. Thanks for taking the time to give me your advice.

ephexx793

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012
I just had the same problem with my father's printer, which I actually fixed using a remote connection as well. If anyone ever stumbles upon this problem, follow the following steps:

Open the Kodak AIO home center (Or go to start > Programs > Kodak), find and click the 'Printer Setup Utility'. Now, it may say it already recognizes your printer - regardless, hit 'No, scan for my printer'. It will then find your printer again, and ask you whether you would like to set it up via USB or wireless. Select the wireless option, enter your WPS key if you have one, and it should connect to your network and begin to install drivers. Once complete, it should work.

Hope this helped, I know printers can be very spontaneous in their errors and cause a lot of headache especially for an average PC user.

Sorry if this wasn't a greatly-detailed guide, but it should suffice.

Seeto

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2011
adding my two cents as I spent hours trying to solve this issue. Check you router settings as I had AES as my wifi encryption type and changing it to TKIP resolved the issue for me.

thats if the above does not work.

Status
Not open for further replies.