Question Lost my psu power cord. Will this one do?

juampidieguez123

Reputable
Aug 29, 2017
I was building a pc with an old psu. I noticed that I didn't have the power cord. I looked around and couldn't find it. BUT, I found a power cord form some other old electronic. My question is: will this power cord be enough to power the psu. Images attached. I live in Argentina so the voltage here is 220v. The power cord is 10amps 250volts
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Yes that cord is fine.
I do question the power supply tho.
Todays PSU's typically have the majority of power available to the 12 volt rail, since this is what powers the demanding cpu and gpu's that are being used. Your supply has the power almost equally divided (and wasted) on the 3.3 and 5 volt rails.
List your hardware

juampidieguez123

Reputable
Aug 29, 2017
Yes that cord is fine.
I do question the power supply tho.
Todays PSU's typically have the majority of power available to the 12 volt rail, since this is what powers the demanding cpu and gpu's that are being used. Your supply has the power almost equally divided (and wasted) on the 3.3 and 5 volt rails.
List your hardware
I know it works because this old psu was from this system originally. Since I left this pc unused, I decided to build it again to have a second system. But I couldn't find the original power cord, thus my question.
I know it is a <Mod Edit> bad psu, but it works and that is all I need.
Thanks for the reply

Last edited: