Question Lost power had weird issue getting system booted again.

hazey123

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2012
The whole city lost power where I am located was a short off on scenario, but i go to boot my pc on and nothing, in order for me to get it to turn on I had to unplug my psu and plug it back then then it booted up.

My question is should this happen, the psu isnt the best quality but its not the worst and it is brand newish about 2 months old. All is working as far as i can tell . im about to do a couple 3dmark / furmark stress tests to see if kills the psu.

hazey123

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2012
Right, those settings were off and on like you thought, i did change them , but still the question remains, Why did I have to unplug my PSU in order for my pc to turn on. Before that it was like the switch was flipped on the psu or it wasnt plugged in the button did nothing till i replugged in the psu.

hazey123

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2012
Oh, I completely understand what you mean, to me though it not being responsive unless the plug was reseated is a little crazy to me I've never heard of that in the 15 years I've been building pcs. But yeah if that's what caused it I shouldn't be alarmed at all but I'm just overly curious at this point.

TRENDING THREADS