[SOLVED] Lost Thesis from Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

ms228

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Hi all,

Desperately need some help, my friend has lost a word doc from her desktop after closing microsoft word, it just completely dissapeared without a trace. She has tried in the recyle bin and searching for it, but it just does not seem to exist anymore - it sounds like an issue taht sometimes affects people, but wondering if anyone can help at all??

Thanks,

Mark

ms228

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011
Thanks for the reply, she had been saving as she went along, so i have advised of a program called uflysoft, so hopefully this will find the file!?

Have been doing some research online, but this looks like more of a mac issue, not sure if anyone has come across this, but would much appreciate any help! :)

ms228

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011

I know what you mean, i haven't touched a mac since i was forced to at uni for my degree!! Windows i can understand!

ms228

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2011

Thanks, but not too sure if this will help as she saved the doc then closed word, without it crashing - what i was reading on there it seems that you can only recover unsaved work(?)

I did find this, which i think may be a similar solution using the finder rather than word:

Unsaved files are gone. You can:

Look in your trash for a "Recovered items" folder
Go to the Finder, select Go > Go to folder, type /private/var/folders and look for files named "Word Work File" inside a "Temporary items" folder. Option drag files or folders to the Desktop (or anywhere else) before dropping them on Word's icon. Don't delete anything!

Will give both a go, but i have a feeling that both may not be the solution here!? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.