Lost Windows 2000 Pro CD - How Do I Reinstall OS?

I have a Dell with MS2000 Professional and want to re-install the OS but have
no CD. I am not sure if it even came with one. How do I get one, or how do
re-install the OS? Dell? Microsoft?

The computer is a P3 1Ghz and I don't really want to spend anything on it.

Thanks,

Barry

If it was an OEM CD then you'll need to contact Dell

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

pekoe wrote:
> I have a Dell with MS2000 Professional and want to re-install the OS
> but have no CD. I am not sure if it even came with one. How do I
> get one, or how do re-install the OS? Dell? Microsoft?
>
> The computer is a P3 1Ghz and I don't really want to spend anything
> on it.

Does it still have the licence sticker on the case?

If so then just get a CDR of windows 2000 from someone and install it from
that

--
Alex

Hermes: "We can't afford that! Especially not Zoidberg!"
Zoidberg: "They took away my credit cards!"

www.drzoidberg.co.uk
www.sffh.co.uk
www.ebayfaq.co.uk

It does have the sticker - the trick is finding someone who uses 2000. Most
people use XP.

Thanks for the tip, though!

pekoe wrote:
> I have a Dell with MS2000 Professional and want to re-install the OS but have
> no CD. I am not sure if it even came with one. How do I get one, or how do
> re-install the OS? Dell? Microsoft?
>
> The computer is a P3 1Ghz and I don't really want to spend anything on it.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Barry

If it was a retail license and you have proof of purchase:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;326246

If it was an OEM license, you should contact the computer's
manufacturer.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

pekoe wrote:
> It does have the sticker - the trick is finding someone who uses
> 2000. Most people use XP.

If you were in the Uk I know plenty of people who would be able to help you
out.