Lost workstations

Several of our users have turned machines off for several
days. When turned back on, they have trouble connecting to
the Domain...what could cause this? Is there REg setting
governing this??

What trouble are they having, "trouble" means nothing to us? Aso how long
are they turned off for? Secure channel passwords change every 2 weeks I
believe and if they get out sync you will have to rejoin the computer to the
domain. Are they getting a correct address?

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

"EarnestLearner" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Several of our users have turned machines off for several
> days. When turned back on, they have trouble connecting to
> the Domain...what could cause this? Is there REg setting
> governing this??

It's every 7 for NT and every 30 days for W2k or
higher.

"Scott Harding - MS MVP" <scrockel@**NO_SPAM**hotmail.com> wrote in
message
> Secure channel passwords change every 2 weeks I
> believe.

When you say they have trouble logging on
to the domain what exactly do you mean e.g.,
what specific error do you receive.
"EarnestLearner" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Several of our users have turned machines off for several
> days. When turned back on, they have trouble connecting to
> the Domain...what could cause this? Is there REg setting
> governing this??

Could also be a problem with your DHCP server.... more details would help