Lot of noise.

Boredommadness

Commendable
Apr 28, 2016
My laptop has been making a lot og noise lately. It used to be silent earlier these days it makes a lot of noise. Like the fan and there are these cranky noise. I use an HP 15 TouchSmart Notebook. Is there anything I can do to fix that?

Solution
Its most likely full of dust so you can either take it apart and clean it your self or take it to a professional to clean it. Just be aware that taking it apart yourself will void the warranty.

JoshRC

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2015
Its most likely full of dust so you can either take it apart and clean it your self or take it to a professional to clean it. Just be aware that taking it apart yourself will void the warranty.

Solution

Boredommadness

Commendable
Apr 28, 2016

Oh. Thanks. It's way past it's warranty anyway. Lol. Thanks. Are there any sites that can help me take it apart?

JoshRC

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2015

Just google the specific model eg. HP 15 Pavilion TouchSmart Notebook disassembly, may even find some youtube videos.

How old is it? After a few years computers just reach the end of their life. You may just need to look into a new one.

Boredommadness

Commendable
Apr 28, 2016

Oh. Okay. Got it.
I started using it around November of 2014. And the battery died sometime last year. And I haven't actually been able to find one around.
So I'd probably have to get one shipped to me. Or something.