Lots of problems

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?)

Hi all,

I have a HP Pavilion xt978 computer. Somehow I lost my
complete operating system including all of my drivers. I
managed to install windows2000 professional from a
bootable disk (formerly had window xp home addition).
Some of the problems I'm having are: 1. despite
uninstalling and reinstalling my graphics card and driver,
I still can't get my display to have more than 16 colors
or so. How do I get my display to have more colors? I
have to start win2000 in VGA mode to get my computer to
work. Otherwise my screen is blank. Another problem is
that I've tried reinstalling the software that came with
the computer. Every time I try to reinstall, I get a
message that the procedure entry point was not found and
something about GetUserGeoID missing from Dll file in
Kernel32.dll. Anyone know how to fix this problem?
Please email me at Saltwaterfishin@aol.com if you can help
me. Many thanks in advance.

Jay
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.setup (More info?)

Saltwaterfishin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a HP Pavilion xt978 computer. Somehow I lost my
> complete operating system including all of my drivers. I
> managed to install windows2000 professional from a
> bootable disk (formerly had window xp home addition).

Did you ever have a system recovery disk or anything from HP?

> Some of the problems I'm having are: 1. despite
> uninstalling and reinstalling my graphics card and driver,
> I still can't get my display to have more than 16 colors
> or so. How do I get my display to have more colors?

Go to the HP website & try to find the Win2k driver for your video card.

> I
> have to start win2000 in VGA mode to get my computer to
> work. Otherwise my screen is blank. Another problem is
> that I've tried reinstalling the software that came with
> the computer. Every time I try to reinstall, I get a
> message that the procedure entry point was not found and
> something about GetUserGeoID missing from Dll file in
> Kernel32.dll.

What software? If you have this media, do you not also have a full system
recovery disk? Perhaps it's meant to run only on XP. Hard to say - check
your event logs?

Anyone know how to fix this problem?
> Please email me at Saltwaterfishinif you can hel
> me. Many thanks in advance.

Sorry, no email replies - when you post in a newsgroup, you should expect to
read the answers in a newsgroup so everyone can benefit & nobody will be
duplicating others' work.

Also note - posting your valid e-mail address in a newsgroup post, or in
your news account settings, is a surefire way to get spam and SWEN and other
viruses sent to you....see http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm for help
in the future, but note that now that your address is out there, there's not
much you can do other than changing your address.

>
> Jay
 

TRENDING THREADS