Question Lots of questions --- Best Performance or Longer Battery Life ?

danny009

Honorable
Apr 11, 2019
Should I use best performance or better battery on my Asus ROG Strix G15 (G15RM) laptop?

I want to get that awesome speedy but that's also makes a magical jump to 5.0GHz according to task manager. My CPU can only 3.20GHz it is an AMD Ryzen processor I have no idea how it went to 5 as I always thought it's impossible in current age and era. Anyways Best Perf also makes the chassis quite hot almost hurts my thumbs however numbers indicates max 60c when I do anything. 60c isnt that dangerious so why top of my laptop gets real hot? Is there other factors related to this?

I track CPU Package and overall CPU core temps via hwinfo. However, this isnt always like these I mean both numbers and heat, it is quite random but main thing is 60c on CPU AND top of the chassis more likely because it happens quite hot. When I do nothing it cools itself rather quickly so that is good. But it seems heat on the plastic chassis is rather hard to get rid of as I touch my thumbs to test it.

Should I stick to numbers on hwinfo or should I trust my large thumbs?
(better battery and better perf locks the GHz to 1.75Ghz according to my power settings)

Best performance is good for lifespan or should I avoid using it in long term? I do 720p mid gaming and 720p video rendering so heat is vital.

Thank you in advance

60°C is quite hot for the skin ;)

the AMD Ryzen 9 6900HX can boost up to 4.9GHz, 5 could be tolerance or wrongly readout frequency.

eventually the GPU is clocking hot as well?

lifespan will always be reduced if hardware is getting hot

Last edited:

danny009

Honorable
Apr 11, 2019
Hi sorry for the late response, my laptop is ASUS ROG Zephyrus g15 2022 ga503rm, not rog strix. CPU is AMD Ryzen 6800HS.

I see temps around 55c-60c'ish, not higher than that, so I was wondering is there any way to solve chassis gets so hot. Laptops can get lots of heat due to minimal space but I was thinking hardware temps and chassis heat is different than each other.

All of the hardware including RAM,CPU,GPU,SSD gets same amount of heat numbers as shown in hwinfo, around 50c-60c.

Games I play I always lower the settings of in game, even playing 720p 20fps so think of that madness in 2024. Don't know what else I can do about this chassis getting hot thing.