Question loud buzzing/robotic tone in all mics used on pc

misterj1233

Commendable
Sep 16, 2016
Hi, woke up this morning and my mic was doing this weird buzzing/very loud robotic noise (will provide an example, please turn down volume :D). But I think the problem is with either the motherboard or something else as plugging any form of mic (apple earphones, Razer Kraken Pro v2, Logitech pro gaming) has the same results. and I have done a few things to try and fix it but to no avail. I've tried restarting the pc, uninstalling and reinstalling headsets drivers, and uninstalling and reinstalling the latest nvidia graphics driver (as I thought that could be a problem) but am not too sure on what else to do as I am not that tech-savvy with computers, I just know a few things.
If ANYONE knows what I could do to fix the problem any solutions would be great, otherwise am going to take my PC to get looked at.
thanks in advance.
here is the link to the example of my mic: https://vimeo.com/user101020357/review/349278471/3633b902e5

Lutfij

Titan
Your link doesn't work.

Mind sharing the specs to your system like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Considering how you're dealing with analog headsets, you might want to first see if you have any BIOS updates pending for your motherboard. Then you can try and uninstall and reinstall your audio drivers as found/listed on your motherboard's support site. I'm assuming you don't have a discrete sound card hence why I'm asking you to source audio drivers from the motherboard makers site(as you'll be using the onboard).

I'm assuming you're on Windows 10, if so, which version are you currently on?

Cole.perera

Prominent
Jul 18, 2018
There is a setting in Windows that changes the audio quality of input devices, I forget what it's called but it's somewhere under settings audio input, make sure that's set to the maximum (Blu-ray quality or whatever Microsoft calls it)