[SOLVED] Loud Fans When Idle

Aug 28, 2020
Recently I have completed my PC Build and luckily everything seems to be working fine. I've done some basic benchmarking and everything looks to be as it should. However I have one problem. The PC seems to be quite loud and I am 95% sure its because of one of the many fans. Originally I thought it was the PSU because when i put my ear to the bottom of the case it was the loudest, but when I opened it up, it was actually the quietest part (it's not the hard-drive either).
Now I am almost certain it's the stock cooler for the AMD Ryzen 5 3600. I understand it can be loud, but it should not be as noticeable when nothing is running. I will try to be a specific as possible, heres what the problem is:

CPU fan seems to be a near max speed even when idle with nothing running. CPU is at the normal, expected temp when nothing is running/. Even when I was playing ARK with max settings while hosting a server, it still sounded the same when nothing was running (in terms of fan noise)

I did have some difficulties installing the stock cooler as I found it hard to screw it in due to misalignment. It did not wobble at once it was screwed in. Sometimes I hear a clicking noise which may mean I didn't install it properly? But I cannot confirm the location of said sound. Its not frequent either, but it's there

I have recorded the sound ( https://voca.ro/6Jp3mNX8zmv ). This is what I hear constantly, no matter how long the PC has been on for
Ideally I would like to reinstall or purchase an actual CPU cooler, but I don't want to mess with it just yet as its not causing any performance issue as far as I am concerned

I really appreciate the help. If it sounds like another issue (for example, some people say it sounds like coil whine + some reviews of the GPU says that they had to return it because it was so loud, but it doesn't sound like its coming from there) please let me know :)
https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/wDwVMc

Solution
Best thing I ever did was swap out my wraith prism for an after market cooler. I didnt want a completely silent system, I have 2 big 200mm intake fans that make a constant hum but I can cope with that but the wraith prism was another story all together! It was constantly ramping up and down and was just so loud it was driving me crazy! So swapped it over to a be quiet dark rock slim, no more insane ramping up and down noise and my system performs way better and the temps have dropped loads too.
Best thing I ever did was swap out my wraith prism for an after market cooler. I didnt want a completely silent system, I have 2 big 200mm intake fans that make a constant hum but I can cope with that but the wraith prism was another story all together! It was constantly ramping up and down and was just so loud it was driving me crazy! So swapped it over to a be quiet dark rock slim, no more insane ramping up and down noise and my system performs way better and the temps have dropped loads too.

Solution

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
To identify which fan is making the noise, you can do this. With the system running at idle and the case open, CAREFULLY reach in. One fan at a time, grasp its connector where it is plugged into a mobo header and DISconnect it BRIEFLY, then plug back in. You'll find out quickly which fan makes most noise.