Question Loud grinding noise coming from my AIO water cooler

Mar 18, 2023
I purchased my PC almost 3 years ago and just recently my pump started making this loud grinding noise (like 1.5 months), the temperatures are perfectly fine but the noise has gotten really annoying. The noise goes away completely when I shutdown and comes back the moment I power on. It persists the entire time my computer is on.

I have an Asetek 650LX 120mm Liquid Cooling

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/ee13PIXBkhE

All the videos and posts I've read about have been for fixing bubbles but nothing like this, I would very much appreciate any help yall can offer.
Thank you.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
I'll agree with USAFRet, but for a possible different reason. Worn bearings in a pump might cause that noise. But the more common source of noise in a PUMP is "cavitation", which happens when an air bubble is trapped in the pump. That's why you found so many posts about that. SOMETIMES the suggestions about tilting your system as it works, etc. can move that bubble out of the pump to a different place and solve the noise problem. But the basic fact is that any bubble indicates that some of the fluid in the loop has escaped. When enough has escaped the system will fail completely because the pump cannot move it. There is NO way to add replacement fluid to a liquid system in almost all cases. So the normal solution even for this cause is as USAFRet says: replace the whole AIO system.