[SOLVED] Loud Noise On Fairly New Pc.

Mar 31, 2020
My Rig.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 UD Intel Z390 (Socket 1151) DDR4 ATX motherboard.
Cpu-INtel core I7-9700k 3.6Ghz (coffee lake) socket LGA1151.
Gpu- Asus Geforce RTX 2070 Dual advanced 8192MB PCI-Express.
Psu- Kolink KL-850W 80 Plus bronze modular power supply.
Storage- Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200Rpm SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache HDD.
- WD Black 500GB Sn750 m.2.Nvme PCI-E Gen3 SSD.
Operating System- WIndows 10 Home Advanced.
Memory- Team group vulcan T-force 16Gb (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C16 3000Mhz Dual Channel.
Fans- 2x Noiseblocker Backsilent pro 120mm PWM.
Heatsink- Astek 240mm 670LT Thick Radiator/ Astek Premium Retention Kit Intel LGA115x.
Water Cooling-EK water blocks Ek-cable y-Splitter 2-fan Pwm (10cm).

Now the problem i believe is coming from the PSU- it appears that randomly the fan on the PSU will go very high RPM for no reason.
Cpu-Temps are below 30.
Gpu Temps are below 35.
no performance or impact on FPS or other aspects.

But once the noise of the fan revs up, it will not go away even if i idled for hours on end.

The System was bought prebuilt from overclockers UK around 5 months ago. at first this noise was not occuring and now it is really bothering me. any advice tips or help would be greatly apprectiated by anyone. i can also provide more data if someone reqauts it. this is my first post so i dont know if its all formatted correctly. cheers- Fletch.

Solution
Some additions, it is doing this under no loud or strain whatsoever and the exhaust area for the psu is all very cold air. you can hear the noise from outside of my room.
I wonder if some temp sensor in your PSU is broken. If it thinks it is hot then the fan will spin faster to cool it down. The PSU that was put into your system is one of the cheaper units that Kolink makes. It only comes with a 2 year warranty. Their 80+ Platinum series has received good reviews, but I haven't seen any reviews of the one that you have. How long of a warranty does your prebuilt PC have?
My Rig.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z390 UD Intel Z390 (Socket 1151) DDR4 ATX motherboard.
Cpu-INtel core I7-9700k 3.6Ghz (coffee lake) socket LGA1151.
Gpu- Asus Geforce RTX 2070 Dual advanced 8192MB PCI-Express.
Psu- Kolink KL-850W 80 Plus bronze modular power supply.
Storage- Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200Rpm SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache HDD.
- WD Black 500GB Sn750 m.2.Nvme PCI-E Gen3 SSD.
Operating System- WIndows 10 Home Advanced.
Memory- Team group vulcan T-force 16Gb (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-24000C16 3000Mhz Dual Channel.
Fans- 2x Noiseblocker Backsilent pro 120mm PWM.
Heatsink- Astek 240mm 670LT Thick Radiator/ Astek Premium Retention Kit Intel LGA115x.
Water Cooling-EK water blocks Ek-cable y-Splitter 2-fan Pwm (10cm).

Now the problem i believe is coming from the PSU- it appears that randomly the fan on the PSU will go very high RPM for no reason.
Cpu-Temps are below 30.
Gpu Temps are below 35.
no performance or impact on FPS or other aspects.

But once the noise of the fan revs up, it will not go away even if i idled for hours on end.

The System was bought prebuilt from overclockers UK around 5 months ago. at first this noise was not occuring and now it is really bothering me. any advice tips or help would be greatly apprectiated by anyone. i can also provide more data if someone reqauts it. this is my first post so i dont know if its all formatted correctly. cheers- Fletch.
Is this happening when the system is under load?

Mar 31, 2020
Some additions, it is doing this under no loud or strain whatsoever and the exhaust area for the psu is all very cold air. you can hear the noise from outside of my room.

I wonder if some temp sensor in your PSU is broken. If it thinks it is hot then the fan will spin faster to cool it down. The PSU that was put into your system is one of the cheaper units that Kolink makes. It only comes with a 2 year warranty. Their 80+ Platinum series has received good reviews, but I haven't seen any reviews of the one that you have. How long of a warranty does your prebuilt PC have?

Solution
Mar 31, 2020
thank you, i will look into a new power supply. i dont even know how to change one, im not pc savvy at all

thank you, i will look into a new power supply. i dont even know how to change one, im not pc savvy at all
If you are going to change the PSU you are going to want to make sure that you get a quality PSU. You will want either a 650W PSU, a 750W will work too but just more than required, from a good manufacturer. I would recommend either the Corsair RMx or Seasonic Focus GX. Both of those are 80+ Gold rated, meaning they are more efficient, come with 10 year warranties, and are of high quality. There are videos on the internet that show how to replace the power supply. It isn't difficult, just a bit putzy.