Loud PC or am I just beeing silly?

spree01

Honorable
Jun 3, 2016
So I don't even know if the title is right, as I do not know if my PC is louder than others.

To start off, I think my PC is really loud, putting it on the top of my case (very close to my 2 top fans that have no cover) "decibel 10" app says that it's 35 decibles. Putting it 5cm away from the side panel, it says around 39 decibles.

Now is this loud, or normal? It's very quiet in my room so I do hear it all the time.

In order for your testing to be as correct as mine, place your phone on the same spots as I did and use the "decibel 10" app.

-Thanks

Solution
with 120mmm and larger fans if there connected to a fan hub or the mb set a better fan profile so that there moving at 300-600rpm. when the case temp gets to 50c or more have them ramp up. for the cpu fan if it the stock intel fan it going to run at at high rpm to keep the cpu cool. try using a larger air cooler to have the fan run at 300/600 rpm non gaming speed.
with 120mmm and larger fans if there connected to a fan hub or the mb set a better fan profile so that there moving at 300-600rpm. when the case temp gets to 50c or more have them ramp up. for the cpu fan if it the stock intel fan it going to run at at high rpm to keep the cpu cool. try using a larger air cooler to have the fan run at 300/600 rpm non gaming speed.

Solution