rileyallan

Honorable
Oct 1, 2015
I'm trying to make my PC quieter by adjusting my fan curves but I have turned off every fan and im still hearing the humm of a pretty loud fan (like louder than all the other fans put together)

I have installed MSI dragon center to tweak the fan curves since it is easier than in the BIOS and every visible fan is off, except the PSU fan.

I have 2 intake fans in front, 1 fan on the CPU cooler and 1 exhaust fan on the rear of the case and I watched them all turn off (including GPU and CPU fans) and the noise is still loud.

Case has plenty airflow and temps are super low, GPU sits at sub 30C at idle and CPU at around 45-50 during browsing.

Is this a problem with my PSU or is it normally this loud?

In the past i've had a 2070Super before this 3070FE and I swear the computer was near silent like I'm aiming for

Specs here - https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Rilelele/saved/GkTBcf

Solution
I'm trying to make my PC quieter by adjusting my fan curves but I have turned off every fan and im still hearing the humm of a pretty loud fan (like louder than all the other fans put together)

I have installed MSI dragon center to tweak the fan curves since it is easier than in the BIOS and every visible fan is off, except the PSU fan.

I have 2 intake fans in front, 1 fan on the CPU cooler and 1 exhaust fan on the rear of the case and I watched them all turn off (including GPU and CPU fans) and the noise is still loud.

Case has plenty airflow and temps are super low, GPU sits at sub 30C at idle and CPU at around 45-50 during browsing.

In the past i've had a 2070Super...

In the past i've had a 2070Super before this 3070FE and I swear the computer was near silent like I'm aiming for

Specs here - https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Rilelele/saved/GkTBcf
That PSU has Zero RPM Fan Mode and will speed up the fan only when hot (40c+) now with more powerful GPU it has to work harder (and warmer) so no wonder it's fan is faster now than before.

Solution