[SOLVED] Loud Radiator Fans

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

coneil3822

Prominent
Nov 1, 2019
Hello my three radiator fans are extremely loud and I don't think they need to be spinning so fast. I have adjusted the fan curve but I just want some advice on the fan levels. They are currently set at

0+ degrees = 30% Speed
60+ degrees = 45% Speed
65+ degrees = 75% Speed
70+ degrees = 100% Speed

Is this overkill? Can someone suggest a better, quieter fan curve? My CPU is a Ryzen 3800x and temps never go over 75 with this curve but it just sounds like a jet engine. Thank you for your help.

Solution
My CPU does not go over 75C and i only get to that temp when running Cinebench. Other than that it does not go over 70C. When im just on the internet temps stay around 50C and drop to 35-40C when on desktop. I will be doing some testing of my own. You have helped me so much honestly dude thank you!

That is absolutely fine. Noise should not be too much with your fan speed settings at those temperatures. Then you might want to consider exchanging the fans.
At 60% I cant hear my fans at all, above I can hear it slightly but mainly I start to hear the air flow rushing through the Meshes of my casing.

Sorry i think I've confused everyone. I have NZXT Cam installed which controls the pump speed, but I can also set a pump curve in...

coneil3822

Prominent
Nov 1, 2019
That is absolutely fine. Noise should not bee to much with your fan speed settings at those temperatures. Then you might want to consider exchanging the fans.

I would suspect the software should overwirte motherboard settings (In theory). I have never had great success with such software (eg changing the motherboard led coloring) so I dont trust those. I set such stuff directly in the motherboard and dont have such software installed wasting resources on my system...
Yes the fans are roaring at 70 degrees but like i said they are at 100% so i will do some testing later and reduce it

Reactions: Herr B