Loud rumble/static sound from microphone when cpu/gpu are under slight load.

JackHarvatt

Honorable
Feb 9, 2014
Hi there,

Today I purchased a USB headset/mic. The headset is great but the microphone has an odd problem. Headset name: Corsair HS40

On desktop, where the cpu/gpu load is low. The microphone is perfect. No problems. But if I run an game such a Battlefield 4. The microphone seems to emit a strange rumble/static sound. The sound is only there when running intensive programs such as a game. So I think the problem occurs when the CPU or GPU is under load. But why would that effect the microphone?

Things I have Tried

Updating drivers
Disabling on-board sound card.
Disabling gpu sound card.
Using different USB ports
Installing other sound drivers such as Realtek HD Audio Driver
Un-plugging audio jacks from motherboard.

I not sure if it is a kind of interference, the headset has its own Sound card. So is no where near the other components the computer.

I have recorded the sound that the microphone makes, I did this by using listen to device in the Audio settings. Sound: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hhZ3kao0Jg

I also thought it might be somthing to do with the computer being ground/or not. But the fact that the sound isn't there all the time made me think otherwise.

I hope you can hope, I've been trying to fix this for the last 7 hours! :(

Thanks if you can.

JackHarvatt

Honorable
Feb 9, 2014

You think so? I was hoping that wouldn't be the case, but thanks!

JackHarvatt

Honorable
Feb 9, 2014

I've just tried the headset on a laptop. and there were no such problems. So I don't think its the headsets soundcard.

Any other ideas?