Love PCs? Love Helping? Donate Just One Dollar

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcorp2003

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
meh i'll keep my dollar. I pay enough tax. some days i go without dinner so i can pay rent up here in NYC. let some other rick black guy donate.

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Nice to see things like this happening, I know that I certainly take for granted the fact that I can pop open my laptop and instantly access anything I'd like.

On another note, I'm sure that the collective sympathy of the general public can do wonders in raising money, but this also seems like the type of thing Intel, Microsoft, and the like should be donating to. In a much less empathetic light, what better way to gain future buyers than to put the technology in their hands for the first time? In the end, everybody wins since these people gain the accommodations they're seeking, big companies gain good publicity, and the computer industry as a whole gains a lot more potential income to drive further progress.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]kcorp2003[/nom]meh i'll keep my dollar. I pay enough tax. some days i go without dinner so i can pay rent up here in NYC. let some other rick black guy donate.[/citation]

Your first 2 sentences were OK and very common, but the third just made you look like an ass. Forums arent very enjoyable when theres a racist spreading his hate.

G

Shouldn't we help them get clean water, food, working sewage systems, shelter, anti malaria help, anti aids help, the removal of the dictators... over getting them computers.

kcorp2003

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]Shouldn't we help them get clean water, food, working sewage systems, shelter, anti malaria help, anti aids help, the removal of the dictators... over getting them computers.[/citation]

See i would much rather volunteer to that(If I had the time) than donating. I need my my money to live here.

tuannguyen

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2008
[citation][nom]stm1185[/nom]Shouldn't we help them get clean water, food, working sewage systems, shelter, anti malaria help, anti aids help, the removal of the dictators... over getting them computers.[/citation]

That's just today's deal. Tomorrow, Philanthropist has something else up. So any of the causes you mentioned will get featured. It changes everyday. I wrote that in the article.

/ Tuan

ALANMAN

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
[citation][nom]kcorp2003[/nom]@bustapr Implying that i'm a below middle class black man. -_-[/citation]

Why does there need to be an emphasis on what race you are? Why can't you just be a middle class man?

Cyex

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2002
So, this company is doing this out of the goodness of their heart? I think what's really happening is they've stumbled upon something to drive traffic to their website for advertising purposes. Ultimately for profit.

blackjellognomes

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2009
[citation][nom]ALANMAN[/nom]Why does there need to be an emphasis on what race you are? Why can't you just be a middle class man?[/citation]I get that eliminating racial distinctions more or less eliminates racial discrimination, but this guy obviously isn't being racist against himself. LOL.

f-14

Distinguished
i donate to enough already. volunteered donation courtsey of obama 2 billion for white house exec and nazi collaborator terrorist george soros's hedgefund in brazilian oil petrobras. as well as the bank bail out and auto bail out. (i wished duesenberg had been bailed out in the 1930's!)
currently my donations are going to the chinese at a 203 billion dollar rate in interest on the american national debt which is 14.064 trillion.
only thing i cough up extra cash for is cancer charities and childrens charities that go directly to each victim on a case by case basis.

secolliyn

Distinguished
May 3, 2006
Has no one ever told any of you that if you don't have anything nice to say to not say it at all i mean seriously it's a dollar there are plenty of people in the US,UK,Germany ect that once a week can go with out their coffee from starbux and donate a buck to a good cause now I'm not saying this is the cause that everyone should donate to but there are plenty of organizations that could use help and stop complaining it makes you look petty and your make yourself look like a douche

hardcore_gamer

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
[citation][nom]kcorp2003[/nom]meh i'll keep my dollar. I pay enough tax. some days i go without dinner so i can pay rent up here in NYC. let some other rick black guy donate.[/citation]

Racism at its best

This sounds like a reasonable way to (hopefully) make some difference in the world. If you donate already, that's great, but others here should quit the nonsense and open up just a dollar.

Status
Not open for further replies.