Sal

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2003

Hello
Does anybody know anything about a trogen called lovpod. I seem to have one
in
c;WIN\SYSTEM32\LOVPED\WINSP3.EXE
Has anybody any ideas please. AVG does not seem to be able to clear it.
Regards S

Malke

Sal wrote:

> Hello
> Does anybody know anything about a trogen called lovpod. I seem to
> have one in
> c;WIN\SYSTEM32\LOVPED\WINSP3.EXE
> Has anybody any ideas please. AVG does not seem to be able to clear
> it. Regards S

A Google for "winsp3.exe" brings up quite a few links discussing this
malware. One of the links suggested this Symantec article:

http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.kelvir.hi.html

I don't know if you have AVG's latest version and definitions, but I
would start by scanning with TrendMicro's Sysclean. Instructions are
here:

After the initial scan with Sysclean, I'd update AVG again (or install a
full-featured av that works if AVG is broken) and do a thorough scan.
I'd also go through the rest of the malware removal steps suggested
above.

Everything must be done with updated tools in Safe Mode. See the website
above for how to get into Safe Mode.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

In news:CC4317B3-DFF6-4BE2-A9CA-AABCD49FDED8@microsoft.com,
Sal <Sal@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Hello
> Does anybody know anything about a trogen called lovpod. I seem to
> have one in
> c;WIN\SYSTEM32\LOVPED\WINSP3.EXE
> Has anybody any ideas please. AVG does not seem to be able to clear
> it. Regards S

Neither lovpod nor lovped yields any useful hits in a google search. Where
did you see the name, what reported it was a trojan, what symptoms do you
see of any sort of virus infection? Have you tried one of the online virus
scanners like http://housecall.antivirus.com ? Tried in safe mode?

Sal

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2003

HI
When I boot into windows, I get the warning from Grisoft telling me I have a
trogen in the file. I take to heal option and it tells me it is cleaned.
When I boot into windows again, I get the same message!!!
Any ideas please?

From: "Sal" <Sal@discussions.microsoft.com>

| Hello
| Does anybody know anything about a trogen called lovpod. I seem to have one
| in
| c;WIN\SYSTEM32\LOVPED\WINSP3.EXE
| Has anybody any ideas please. AVG does not seem to be able to clear it.
| Regards S

There are anti virus News Groups specifically for this type of discussion.

microsoft.public.security.virus
alt.comp.virus
alt.comp.anti-virus

Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL --

http://kixtart.org Kixtart is CareWare } three batch files, five Kixtart scripts, one Link
(.LNK) file, a PDF instruction file and two utilities; UNZIP.EXE and WGET.EXE. It will
simplify the process of using; Sophos, Trend and McAfee Anti Virus Command Line Scanners to
remove viruses, Trojans and various other malware.

way all the components can be downloaded from each AV vendor’s web site.
The choices are; Sophos, Trend, McAfee, Exit the menu and Reboot the PC.

file.

Choose; Unzip
Choose; Close

Execute; C:\AV-CLS\StartMenu.BAT