Low 3dMark2001 score with Joytech 64MB Geforce2 MX

G

I bought this card (cheap as it was) to allow me to play Tribes 2 reasonably until the price of the GTS comes down.

It seems to do a reasonable job in Tribes 2 but still not as good as I would expect.

So I decided to do a 3dMark2001 on it to see what I would get. I ended up with a score of 1200 (or thereabouts).

From what i can see everywhere else I should be getting around 2500.

Anybody heard anything about this card? My initial thought is that this card could have a 64-bit interface to the SDRAM instead of 128-bit, which may account for the result being around half what I would have expected.

Most 64MB GTS or GTS Pro's in Oz are around A$500 still so until they come down I can't afford to upgrade.

Specs : AMD Athlon 1.2Ghz/266, 128MB DDR, MSI K7T266, Joytech/Apollo 64MB Geforce2 MX.

G

Is that a VIA board? try updating your mobo drivers, even if it isn't via. BTW, the DDR MX is the 64 bit one, the SDR one has a 128 bit interface.
It's interesting...The DDR doubles the RAM performance, so they halve the bits, the SDRAM has half the DDR RAM performance, so they double the bits. If only they had a 128 bit DDR!

Aklein

It's raining outside, and my lawn has grown a foot overnight!

G

Yeah all drivers updtaed to the latest.

I know that the DDR is the 64-bit one. I don't know a lot about the technical stuff behind how the card is structured, but what would stop a manufacturer from releasing a 64-bit SDRAM card?

Surely it is still possible to construct a 64-bit SDRAM card, although I guess if that had happened I would have seen some pretty poor reviews onthis card. Mind you I can't find any reviews on this card.

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
I get around 2300 in 3dMark2001 with my MX400 64meg Innovision with a Athlon 700@850 classic in W2k, back down to 800mhz now.

Well to eat your <b>C :smile: :smile: kie</b> and have it too, gotta get <b>Rade :smile: n II</b>

G

i get around 2500 with my elsa gf2 gts on a p3 866 128mb ram