Low budget ~700$ rig for BF4.

silicity

Reputable
Jan 30, 2015
Well, i'm looking for a computer build that is suitable for bf4. I've pieced together numerous rigs over the years but as of late and due to joining the military my life has become focused on other things. After seeing BF4 for 20$ today i had to buy it. Currently i'm struggling on some joke walmart hp laptop with pretty much the lowest you can go on bf4 and am still just ruining my kd. Anyways, i'm preferably looking for an intel build as i will be upgrading this over the next 2 months to something suitable for ultra settings. For now though, if there is a build that can play the game on just even low settings without me turning down the pixelation or whatever it's called, then i'd be happy. Willing to reward someone in some way if that's possible, maybe a steam gift certificate? idk i'm drunk and i want a new computer.

Solution
All you need is an i3-4150 and a r7 265/r9 270. That will run your BF4 at high with really comfortable FPS. Builder Don't use that Z97 board as it is the worst Z97 you can buy.. Also, since he will be selling some things and then upgrading it would make sense to use a solid PSU with a 2x4gb kit of memory to allow for expansion up to 16gb.

Give this a shot:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($104.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($126.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($61.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB...

silicity

Reputable
Jan 30, 2015
Also, the only things that matter to be are the cpu/gpu/hdd, the rest of the items can be garbage. This setup will be sold off within 2 months, atleast some pieces. I have the money to afford a good 2000$ gaming rig and all but i'm a freak and paying for skydiving and snowboarding isn't cheap so i just gotta make due and go cheap for the next 30-45 days. Thanks for your post. If there is any edits you can do and make it within 850$ then that's great. Also being a little over 850/700$ is fine. I just want something i can play bf4 on, and then upgrade it. Also this will most likely be connected to a 40in tv, so if the gpu can maintain that in low settings i'm golden. I'm not about quality, i'm about reaction time to dropping a few rounds more than the next guy in gaming.

All you need is an i3-4150 and a r7 265/r9 270. That will run your BF4 at high with really comfortable FPS. Builder Don't use that Z97 board as it is the worst Z97 you can buy.. Also, since he will be selling some things and then upgrading it would make sense to use a solid PSU with a 2x4gb kit of memory to allow for expansion up to 16gb.

Give this a shot:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i3-4150 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($104.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty Z97 Killer ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($126.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($61.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Crucial MX100 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($62.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($74.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: Club 3D Radeon R9 270 2GB '14Series Video Card ($139.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: NZXT Phantom 410 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case ($74.99 @ Micro Center)
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($69.99 @ Amazon)
Optical Drive: Samsung SH-224DB/BEBE DVD/CD Writer ($13.99 @ Newegg)
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit) ($92.00 @ B&H)
Total: $814.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-01-31 03:39 EST-0500

Colors match. Feel free to ask questions :)

Solution
I'm sorry, do you see what I see? Because I definitely didn't see anywhere in the OP that said he was going to sell it. Don't get your panties in a knot kiddo. The reason I chose the build I did was so that all he would have to replace is the GPU and CPU.. That makes a lot more sense than just selling a whole rig and then rebuilding a new one completely. And you added a z97 board... And yet you just said that I didnt read what he said. He said that he will sell it yet you added a Z97 board so that he can upgrade.. Just lol.

Anyways, so all you will need to do silicity is upgrade the GPU and CPU rather than just selling the entire computer. So just ebay the GPU and CPU and then you can throw in SLI 970s or whatever you want. And for the love of god don't get a Apotop SSD and Pareema memory... :'(

You just gave me flak for using parts that "he is going to sell" and yet I had the exact same intention. So you just gave me crap for doing the same thing you had in mind.. Wow you are something else dude. This website is to help people. Calm down