[SOLVED] Low budget PC Build

Nov 15, 2019
I want as my first PC Build this low cost AMD Build - please are this components fully compatible and balanced
What is your opinion ? Any suggestions for improvement ?

AMD Ryzen 5 1600
ASUS PRIME B450M-K
AMD R9 290
Corsair VS650 White Certified
2x Patriot 8GB DDR4 2666Mhz CL19 Signature Premium
Patriot SSD Burst 240GB
EVOLVEO Ray 4

430€

Thank you very much
DR Octopus

Solution
Ideally you'd want faster memory, preferably 3000/3200 and a better PSU as the VS series really aren't that good for gaming and the R9 290 is a power hog.

The rest of your parts are fine. If the budget is really tight then keep the memory as is and get a better PSU, even the CX or CXM grey label Corsairs are better then that VS.

WildCard999

Titan
Ideally you'd want faster memory, preferably 3000/3200 and a better PSU as the VS series really aren't that good for gaming and the R9 290 is a power hog.

The rest of your parts are fine. If the budget is really tight then keep the memory as is and get a better PSU, even the CX or CXM grey label Corsairs are better then that VS.

Reactions: Dr.Octoppus123
Solution
Nov 15, 2019

I appreciate your fast reply. I would consider RAM upgrade few years later :) For this budget I cant go any higher.
About PSU I think about low budget EVOLVEO FX 650 but I am not sure if that is really better than VS Corsair.
Sure shot here is Corsair CX650M which ist about 30€ higher - what is the main reason here to go for CX instead of VS ? - is there really that big difference ?

Thank you

Octopus

Nov 15, 2019
The difference is quality and ability to deliver the correct amount of power. If it was a lower power GPU you might be ok with the VS but that R9 290 is a beastly GPU.

I have finally found this PSU which is on sale in my country just for 60€ :D that should be enough for R9 290 :D + this PSU is modular which is big advantage.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gigabyte-GP-G750H-UK-Double-Bearing-Modular/dp/B01N7JHVDW

What I realized is, that i have gaming version of R9 290 and googled a bit - fact is, that AMD R9 290 needs 750W PSU

https://www.msi.com/Graphics-card/R9-290-GAMING-4G/Specification