Question Low Cost Gaming Laptops

Feb 10, 2019
Hey ! How you doing? Me good since fortunately i managed to get the money to buy a bit better laptops, so now im choosing between these 3:

Acer Nitro 5 AN515

Core i5-8300H
8GB RAM
1TB HDD
NVidia GTX 1050 4GB

HP Pavilion 15-cx0056wm

Core i5-8300H
8gb RAM
1TB HDD
NVidia GTX 1050 4GB

MSI GV62 8RD-200

Core i5-8300H
8gb RAM
1TB HDD
NVidia GTX 1050 4GB

So as you can see, they're almost the same, but I've seen different opinions about their performance, for example some ppl say that Nitro 5 and HP gets too hot, others that Nitro 5 has better colour accuracy, and others that HP has longer battery life, etc

So which laptop do you think is the best in general?

i'd like it to have Intel Optane and dual channel RAM, and the only ones that seem to have them are the Nitro 5 and MSI, Im not sure about the HP, since there are lots of different models, but that one in specific seems to have only a single channel RAM according to this page: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06171851, besides im not sure if it has Intel Optane.

Does the single channel RAM affect gaming performance? How much? If you have this HP or if you know more about it could you tell me if its equipped with Intel Optane and with dual channel RAM pls

Im planning to upgrade the laptop to a SSD drive after i get it (and RAM) , but i would like to keep Intel Optane, so my question is: ¿Can i upgrade to SSD drive and maintain Intel Optane? In which laptops can i do that?

Also, i would like to know how to select the panel, i saw in a forum that when you buy a laptop you can choose its panel ( 60hz, 144hz..) but theres no option for that in amazon neither for the keyboard led colour

So in summary, i'd like a laptop with at least a 1050 Ti, and within this range of price, which also has Intel Optane and dual channel RAM, im not too worried about the heating and the battery life but i do worry about the graphics, the sharper the display, the better

If you could recommend more options with these features that would be great, thanks for reading ! 😃(y)

Feb 10, 2019
Hey ! How you doing? Me good since fortunately i managed to get the money to buy a bit better laptops, so now im choosing between these 3:

Acer Nitro 5 AN515

Core i5-8300H
8GB RAM
1TB HDD
NVidia GTX 1050 4GB

HP Pavilion 15-cx0056wm

Core i5-8300H
8gb RAM
1TB HDD
NVidia GTX 1050 4GB

MSI GV62 8RD-200

Core i5-8300H
8gb RAM
1TB HDD
NVidia GTX 1050 4GB

So as you can see, they're almost the same, but I've seen different opinions about their performance, for example some ppl say that Nitro 5 and HP gets too hot, others that Nitro 5 has better colour accuracy, and others that HP has longer battery life, etc

So which laptop do you think is the best in general?

i'd like it to have Intel Optane and dual channel RAM, and the only ones that seem to have them are the Nitro 5 and MSI, Im not sure about the HP, since there are lots of different models, but that one in specific seems to have only a single channel RAM according to this page: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06171851, besides im not sure if it has Intel Optane.

Does the single channel RAM affect gaming performance? How much? If you have this HP or if you know more about it could you tell me if its equipped with Intel Optane and with dual channel RAM pls

Im planning to upgrade the laptop to a SSD drive after i get it (and RAM) , but i would like to keep Intel Optane, so my question is: ¿Can i upgrade to SSD drive and maintain Intel Optane? In which laptops can i do that?

Also, i would like to know how to select the panel, i saw in a forum that when you buy a laptop you can choose its panel ( 60hz, 144hz..) but theres no option for that in amazon neither for the keyboard led colour

So in summary, i'd like a laptop with at least a 1050 Ti, and within this range of price, which also has Intel Optane and dual channel RAM, im not too worried about the heating and the battery life but i do worry about the graphics, the sharper the display, the better

If you could recommend more options with these features that would be great, thanks for reading ! 😃(y)